Cintoo Cloud streams high-resolution 3D meshes from each scan position in a WebGL-compatible browser and you can move from scan to scan by clicking on the scan locations displayed with an icon. VR Streaming is all about the same workflow: high resolution 3D meshes are streamed in a WebGL browser that is WebVR compatible, which will generate the 2 stereoscopic viewpoints that can been displayed via the VR app into the VR display device.
Added Value of Cintoo’s Technology for Virtual Reality
- Highest possible resolution for the 3D mesh, coming from terrestrial laser scanners
- Fast streaming of the 3D mesh from each scanning positions
- Display modes: RGB, Surfaces, XRay
- Streaming of the mixed scan data + BIM content with possibility to display them separately or together
- Cloud-based or private-server-based solution for collaborative experiences
Recommended Configuration to run Cintoo’s VR Streaming feature
Supported VR Devices
- Oculus Rift or Rift S with 2 touch controllers
- HTC Vive Pro with 2 controllers
Required Web browser
- Mozilla Firefox
- Oculus desktop app. if you use an Oculus device
- VR Steam desktop app. if you use an HTC device
VR-ready laptop or desktop
- Equipped with a ‘good’ graphic board (such as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or better, or the equivalent from AMD)
- HTC Vive provides detailed information about VR-Ready devices here: https://www.vive.com/us/ready/#
- You can also test your PC in this page by clicking on ‘Test my PC’.
Please follow these instructions to make your Cintoo’s VR streaming work within Mozilla Firefox:
- If you are using a laptop with dual CPU (one NVidia graphics card and one Intel card), in the NVIDIA Control Panel, set your web browser(s) to use the high-performance NVIDIA processor:
Please follow these instructions to make your Cintoo’s VR streaming work with Oculus devices:
- Install the Oculus app: https://support.oculus.com/1829158827315721/
- Once installed, in the Oculus desktop app, you need to authorize the ‘unknown sources’ in ‘Settings > General’:
Please follow these instructions to make your Cintoo’s VR streaming work with an HTC Vive device:
- If you use an HTC Vive Pro, follow the instructions listed here: https://support.steampowered.com/steamvr/HTC_Vive/
Running the VR Streaming experience:
- Login to Cintoo Cloud using Mozilla Firefox.
- Launch Oculus or HTC Vive Application
- Select the project that you want to experience in VR.
- In the 3D View, click in the bottom right on: ===============>
- Simply click on the VR mask at the bottom right of the Window.
- This will start the VR app and display the content in the VR headset.